Plant and Equipment
In order to control the risks associated with working with plant and equipment the contractor should develop and implement risk assessments and operational procedures in accordance with all legislative requirements.
Contractors must ensure that for all plant and equipment they bring onto Coles Group sites that:
- Contractor staff that are to use the plant or equipment are appropriately licensed and have completed competency based training.
- No electric operated power tools/equipment are to be used during trading hours without permission.
- All portable electrical equipment is tested and tagged in accordance with AS3760 and any legislative requirements.
- All equipment must be operated without risk to team members or customers at any time.
- Plant and equipment must be stored, operated and maintained in accordance legislative and Australian Standard requirements.
- Equipment must never be left unattended and must at all times be out of reach of children.
- Noise levels must be kept to a minimum.
Coles Group plant and equipment is not to be used by contractors unless written permission has been obtained from the Store/Site Manager upon reviewing all relevant training and licensing requirements.